Thursday, January 22, 2026

Thurs Jan 22, 2026

Gr. 2 Class Speech Arts poem: Students must memorize the first two stanzas of The Spider and the Fly by next Wednesday. Class copies will be handed out tomorrow.

"Will you walk into my parlour?" said a spider to a fly;
"'Tis the prettiest little parlour that ever you did spy.
The way into my parlour is up a winding stair,
And I have many pretty things to show when you are there."
"Oh no, /no!" said the little fly, "to ask me is in vain,
For who goes up your winding stair / can never come down again."


"Sweet creature!" said the spider, "you're witty and you're wise.
How handsome are your gauzy wings, how brilliant are your eyes!
I have a little looking-glass upon my parlour shelf,
If you'll step-in one moment dear/ you shall behold yourself."
"I thank you, gentle sir," she said, "for what you're pleased to say,
And bidding you good morning now, I'll call another day."


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Friday, September 25, 2026

   1. Weekend Journals: Students will write a paragraph about their weekend in their yellow weekend journals. They also need to draw and col...